Monday, July 22, 2013

Progress? NOT!

"Delta Blue" is still sitting in her temporary home near Birch Bay and I have to admit, progress has been slower than I anticipated. We've had a wonderful stretch of warm dry weather here in the Pacific Northwest, so my time has been split between our old Bayliner at Blaine Marina, and the Seacamper in storage. Of course the "boat IN the water" is getting a disproportionate amount of our spare time. The company of new friends, an abundance of fresh local crab, and a few Canada Day Daquiris, has made getting anything done on the Seacamper, all but impossible.


Life at Blaine Marina has been great this season and it seems that the move from Point Roberts was a good one. I still miss the old gang from D-Dock and I have to admit that the weekdays can be pretty quiet over here, but on the whole it's been good. Blaine gives us a lot more selection as far as supplies, food and restaurants, not to mention cheaper gas and liquor. Needless to say it's been difficult to pry myself away from the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment